• In the Spotlight:

What supplies will I need for online classes?

I start classes monday and they are all online through U of Phoenix. What materials will I need other than my computer? I am confused because I have never taken online courses before and am unsure if I will need paper notebooks or what. Please give me some advice or suggestions!!

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 3:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think that this depends on your learning style and study methods.
    I would have a binder with various sections, such as class notes, syllabus, homework, etc. I would also have note cards for making study aids, pens, highlighters, and lots of looseleaf paper.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I took some online courses and I have to tell you, I personally thought it was a big joke. I was able to do all the tests open book even though it says you aren't supposed to and supposedly they have it timed where you shouldn't be able to. I had enough time - sometimes barely, but still enough. All I bought were the textbooks and a folder to keep the quizzes in because sometimes there would be questions on the test that were on the quizzes.
    Anonymous

• I go to UOP. You need to print your course calendar and syllabus. I just have a notebook and a pen. Thats all. Everything you need is online.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I also go to UOP and the above answer is correct :)
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well we dont have tests at UOP so I wont have to worry about that, lol.

Thanks for all the advice, it really helped!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 8:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009