Were Adam & Eve Christian, Jewish, Pagan, or something else?

IF the Bible is true...

...and Adam & Eve ACTUALLY existed...

They could NOT have been Christians, because Christ had not done his time on Earth yet.

They could NOT have been Jews, because that all started with Abraham and Issac (right?).

They could have been Pagans (what we call Pelio-Pagans, prehistoric Pagans...not to be confused with the Neo-Pagans of today) as they predated Christians and Jews. (And their story is very similar to earlier Pagan myths...but that's for a different day...different question.)

Or were they something else?

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is one of the most convincing arguments for evolution I have ever heard. Most cosmologies that deal with ANY religion, start with people being "saved" by a prophet or wise man, AFTER the tribe or nation was formed. It never says "saved" from what, which makes me think that the earliest Homo-erectus had no religion--like the animals, and that all religions are made by peoples myths becoming codified into culture, and then religion.

Anonymous

• Good and thought provoking question.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• something else
    Anonymous

• I don't think any religion had been defined yet. They were the only two people here, they had a constant relationship with God,and He with them,and they really didn't worry about religion. So, that's my take on it, that they didn't need that then,because God walked in the garden with them every single day,till they fell. He still took care of them,of course,but it was different before the fall.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• As a Christian I can you 100% they were NOT Christians. this story is in the OT before Jesus
    Anonymous

• I think the only logical explanation would be that when they existed religion was not necessary because they were able to have a direct relationship with their creator/ruler (God) that involved two-way interaction. Well, actually I believe the only logical explanation is that they are mytholgical characters who didn't actually exist, but since you asked us to consider it from the perspective that they did, this is what I came up with.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well, they were unashamedly naked, lived peacefully among the animals and plants, and respected the planet and themselves. My friend, if they are not fiction, they were Taoist- a religion that predates its own label.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 4:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• "Christian" basically means "Christ-follower". Since they were alive thousands of years before Jesus came, they were clearly not followers of Jesus. However, since God the Father and Jesus are One, Adam and Eve worshiped the same God as Christians do today.

beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Religion is something created by men. Spirituality and relationship are created by God. Even in the Old Testament, it was faith that brought salvation to the people. Adam and Eve both knew God and had faith in God. They walked with him in ways we can never imagine. That was enough.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You people cannot get past the term religion. Religion is man-made. God created Adam and Eve solely for the purpose of relationship but Adam ruin their connection through disobedience. The only way from that point to have temporary connection with God was only through sacrifice to pardon their sins. This process was not good enough, God wanted to re establish permanent relationship and connection this could only be obtained through a HOLY Sacrifice without blemish. So God came as a person Jesus Christ and became the perfect and final sacrifice for reconciliation. that is why he says I am the way the truth and the light no one can get to the Father but through me. Coming to Jesus is the only way you can have perpetual relationship with him as he intended in the beginning. Followers of Christ are in fellowship with God as Adam and Eve were. Religion is man made to cause division and confusion.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2009