Constipation and Pregnancy?

The only way I can stay regular is if I eat a bowl of wheaties in the mornings for breakfast, but sometimes It just makes me so sick to eat it that I have to skip a day or two and I end up getting backed up again. How do you keep from getting constipated?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 3:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm lucky enough to have never had that problem during pregnancy (yet), but I have a list next to me from the DR as how to help with consipation. It says to drink plenty of water, about 8-10 glasses a day, eat lots of fiber, and prunes should help with that also. Sometimes the iron level in your vitamin can cause it, too, so next time you go to the DR if you're still having trouble talk to them about getting on a different prenatal vitamin.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• try eating atleast one apple a day, up your water intake and take a gentle laxative stool softener, did the trick for me! good luck!
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009