Is there anyone here who used to be a Neo-pagan or Wiccan, who is now Christian, and what changed your mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have never met a person IRL that gave up Paganism for Christianity. Everything I have read online written by people claiming to have done so show a real lack of understanding of Wicca/Paganism (they usually say they are ex-Wiccans), causing me to question if they were ever really following that path. If they were it must have been as kids, trying to be hollywood-style Wiccans because what they write seems to lack an understanding of the religion that comes from assuming movies & TV shows get it right. I will be interested to hear responses here, maybe to hear from people who actually have converted or reverted.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I dont know what changed her mind. But one of my "friends" here on CM is an ex wiccan who is now a Christian.
    Again, i have no idea what her circumstances were/are.

I am Neo-pagan.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I was Christian, became wiccan, returned to Christian. What made me return...? Its a long story and a lot of stuff that happened but I'll give the readers digest version.. I grew up in a strict denomination with a lot of u cant do this.. with no explaination as to why... I didn't find it in the bible and so i followed the rules but was not really shown the love. I left searching for answers, didn't want to follow the rules, and wanted to find the love. I practiced wicca... I returned to Christianity after my son was born and my cousins took me to a church service where I saw the "rules" being broken (pants being worn in church, make-up, etc. etc.) and at the same time.. heard about the forgiving, loving, God who changes lives. It wasn't immediately but this prodigal daughter returned to a loving opened armed Father God she was searching for.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I was not a hollywood style wiccan and this was over 20 years ago. I studied and researched by walking into a little shop that had books on wicca and witchcraft.. i talked to the owner of the shop who was a wiccan/witch.... asked alot of questions, spent alot of time there reading and learning and asking questions. So for me it wasn't something I saw on tv, thought it looked cool and wanted to try it out.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have a friend who was an avid Wiccan.He even got symbols of Wicca tattooed on his body.He wasn't just a fraud he was the real deal.He turned to Christ a few years ago.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• not anybody I know personally no.. most of the time I see the opposite. but I have seen a few on here (CM) express that they have done this.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009