I don't like the idea of going on a diet and that really isn't my goal. I don't want to lose weight but I need to increase my energy and metabolism. I was wondering if anyone had any good tips to achieve this?

I can't afford to go to a doctor or dietician. I am 25 years old and have low blood sugar issues. I don't sleep very well and I feel very sluggish a lot. I crave carbs to boost my energy and I know I should stay away from them. What else can I do to improve my energy? I am not in a severe state or anything that would warrant me needing immediate medical attention. I know the best thing for me to do would go to a speacialist but I really can't. So any tips would really be helpful. Thank you.

Current problems:
no energy
weight gain
break outs..blah
bad headaches
memory loss

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 4:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• Well, any sort of exercise would help you out with energy issues. My SO is a manager @ GNC and all of the staff are very knowledgeable about what kind of supplements are good for what, so you can ask them. Just be sure you tell them if you've got diabetes or heart problems or whatever and they can point you in the right direction. Also let them know if you plan to work out or not.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I will give you the same advice that I would give to someone who wants to lose weight:you need a healthy lifestyle.Start with regular exercise,as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week.Next,drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day.Eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors.Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day.Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat &dairy.Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. I have a ton of healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly recipes. I can list some; contact me for recipes.
    Noodles & veggies with peanut sauce
    Veggie pot pie
    Lentil tacos
    Squashed macaroni
    Sweet potato &bean burritos
    Sloppy jojos
    Italian stew
    Veggie stew with dumplings
    Southwest falafel (bean patties with avocado sauce)
    Tofu "fish sticks" with sweet potato baked fries
    Tamale Bean Pie

Answer by rkoloms at 4:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• 1500 cals a day and a GOOD weight training routine. The more muscle you have in your body, the higher your metabolism.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009