• In the Spotlight:

Is there a certain etiquette to having a baby shower?

I did not have a baby shower with my first child due to being in the hospital for several months. But this time I really want a shower. I have no idea what the rules are. Do I throw one for myself? Do i wait to see if I have a motivated friend willing to throw it? My family is far away so I know that they won't get involved. I don't care about presents- I just want to experiance the baby shower games and fun- but I do not want to be tacky or rude! HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Whatever is done the invites should be sent out 4-6 weeks in advance. Google etiquette for baby showers.

Anonymous

• lol well i throw my 2 babys shower because i knew my mom wouldnt so go ahead and throw ur own
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 4:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• you can google etiquette for baby showers and that will give you some ideas, but some stuff has changed since the begining of baby showers, they say that a close friend throws it (maybe you can hint to a friend that you missed out on your first shower opportunity and you would like to have one this time) my sister threw my shower the first time, and i am pregnant now with my 2nd and since its opposite sex, i am having another shower and my mom is actually throwing this one. but as for games, you can find a lot of game ideas through google...that is the fun part :) good luck momma, and congrats on the pregnancy
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Typically a friend or family member throws you a shower...but if you want to be involved in planning, I'd say talk to the friend most likely to throw it. (Often, a church group will throw one as well). Send out invites well in advance. Register for the baby items you want and send the info. with the invites (or if you pretty well have everything you need, you could request any gifts be made in the form of a charitable donation in your child's name to your favorite charity). Congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009