Does your husband do the cooking? Does he serve you your food on a plate and bring it to you?

My husbands bestfriend does this to his wife, and she's treats him like crap. My husband will go hungry if I don't fix him food. I just have not seen this before, I'm used to old school men where they get married because they are hungry! sheesh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• my SO && I take turns doing it. If he cooks then he does it for me, if I cook then I do it for him.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My hubby does 90% of the cooking, but he doesn't serve my meals to me. We both get the kids plates ready and get our own ready. My hubby is a better cook than I am.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• When hubby is cooking on the grill he does serve me and the kids! LOL

But, we DO take turns--with everything from cooking to laundry to child care (including diapers!). I guess it helped that I married a man who lived on his own for 12 years before we got married--he needed to fend for himself if he wanted to eat, wear clean clothes, fix a button or zipper, etc! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• That is how it should be 50/50..give and take...
    Anonymous

• I do most of the cooking, only because I'm home more than he is. We have a rule where whoever cooks, the other cleans. It works great :)

When dinner is ready, we grab our plates and serve ourselves. Sometimes, when I'm feeling extra special LOL, I'll serve him, but this isn't usually the case since we also have a 1 year old screaming because he wants to eat some dinner too :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• LOL, my hubby might grill a burger or 2 over the weekend that's about it. I'm a SAHM I do all of the yard work, cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc and my Husband works his ass off!

I feel sorry for your hubby's friend.....he lacks self respect.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my hubby does this all the time when he is home...he treats me and my dd like queens!
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 5:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I had 3 husbands. They all did the cooking. They didn't serve it though. There are many men who like to serve their mates. He provides what she wants (service and devotion) and she provides him with what he obviously is familiar with and accepts (being treated like crap). I never understood why men take that from women but some do. Some feel they deserve it I guess. It's a crazy world we live in!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes. He loves to cook. Even holidays. But after 14 years I cook for him. But I hate cooking.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I cook more than he does for the most part, and we generally serve ourselves. But I am really huge and uncopmfortable pregnant right now, and he has been taking over more of that type stuff, partly because the kitchen makes me sick to stand in around all the raw food, and partly because he loves me and takes good care of me. If he has had a bad day or whatever, or has been super busy, I will serve him, and he serves me if I dont immediately get up to do it myself. I know things will probably go back to normal though a few months after the baby is born and I am back to my old self, but I cherish it while I can.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009