Do you believe these moms?

Do you believe it when like 90% of the moms on this site claim to give their kids only water or milk (no juice) only organic and whole grains? or Never allow their kids to watch tv? You know what I mean the "perfect" mothers?? I dont. If they were being Betty homemaker, they would NEVER have time to be on cafemom bashing other moms. If they cook 3 meals a day, clean all the time, and obviously have to entertain their kids.....that takes all day and then some. Do you do these things? or do you Let your kids do things only "horrible" moms do? If you do raise your kids with the way I have described, how do you get online? ALL THE TIME?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't think it's 90% but probably 10%
    Anonymous

• Op~ Do you think alot of the moms that claim they do these things are lying? I DO! lol
    Anonymous

• my neighbor must be the perfect mom.she does or claims to do everythingthing you wrote about.natural milk because she doesnt want her daughter to get her period to fast.has those kids in every activity every day.makes there lunch everyday.stayed here while her husband went off to az.in the army cause she thought it was better for her kids...hmm maybe she is the perfect mom after all???and she isnt even on cafe mom.i dont know i feel there is a point where you have to let your kids play and be kids.and nor monitor there every moment/(but the kids are depressed cause there dad is not around.so 6 of one 1/2 dozen od anotherwhos right.i know im not...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I do only allow my son water or organic milk, and just recently I found a low carb, no sugar fruit juice that I allow hi to drink once in awhile or I make popcycles with it. I do buy some organic stuff. I don't cook as much as I would like too, but I have cut back on tv my child watches.
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• There are no perfect mothers and no perfect human beings. Half the people on here - like yourself choose to be anonymous because they don't want to be bashed. Personally, we all have opinions, values, morals, beliefs that differ. We are all different - if we can't respect that in each other - than shame on us. The only time I will comment constructively if I feel it will help another mother with something that I may have experienced before - other than that - I do cook, clean, play with my children, offer them healthy food and live the life - I feel - of a mother trying to do her very best.
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• OP~ I also feed my kids healthy foods (for the most part) and play with them! And it is awesome that you do those things.......I just hope moms that are "perfect" as I put it, dont BASH other moms.....who is to say what is perfect!
    Anonymous

• No such thing as a perfect mother.... Some mothers are into only letting their kids eat certain things. When I hear a mother is trying to do the best she can. I do feel she is trying to be perfect... just extra serious about what she lets her kids eat or do. If she thinks she is perfect then that is fine. But i feel in a lot of cases it's the other way around. People see someone trying and take it personally because they are doing something different.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i am a bad mom,lol my dd is almost 3 and she drinks lots of stuff, 2% mild, chocolate milk, juice, water, lemonade...etc...she eats fruit snacks and cookies and hotdogs, cheeseburgers, steak and chicken nuggets (among other things), she has a t.v. in her room *gasp* and guess what...she is healthy, active and very smart! wow, how did that happen? lol
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• "i am a bad mom,lol my dd is almost 3 and she drinks lots of stuff, 2% mild, chocolate milk, juice, water, lemonade...etc...she eats fruit snacks and cookies and hotdogs, cheeseburgers, steak and chicken nuggets (among other things), she has a t.v. in her room *gasp* and guess what...she is healthy, active and very smart! wow, how did that happen? lol "

LOL lilysmommy23.

Same here!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I can honestly say that I don't give my son soda. I let him have it one time and that was enough for him---he does not like it. He can't stand drinks with the carbonation in it. He drinks water and milk. He'll even take water over kool-aid or juice. that's fine with me.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 6:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2009