Morning sickness HELP!!

I am 7 weeks prego and I am always sick!! My life has stopped at this point and I can never travel far from home. I eat all the time hoping it will help a little, I have done the crackers thing but still nothing works. Does anyone have any tips that really helped them? And how long did your morning sickness last? Thanks!

mommyetter09

Asked by mommyetter09 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my daughter it lasted until i was like 16 weeks pregnant.nothing helped with her.so i had to just tough it out.with this pregnancy...uggh it was so awful.the crackers or gingerale or anything like that didnt help.& i had it with this pregnany until i was a lil over 6 months.try not to eat all the time.space your meals out.and eat 6 small meals rather than 3 big ones.try taking your prenatal at night before bed cause that could be one of the problems.if you continue to be sick all the time and cant keep anything down talk to your doc about putting you on phenergan or zophran. both are for nausea and help out alot.
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 4:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My Doctor can't tell me my due date(he is a quack) So Im anywhere between 12 and 15 weeks. I still have it bad. :( I was told it would most likely go away but still hasnt. Hopefully yours does
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have had TERRIBLE morning sickness with all 5 kids! It's hideous! I have tried the phenergen. It just makes me super sleepy. I have tried Zofran, the med they give chemo patients for nausea. It helped with 2 of my pregnancies, but this time around, it hasn't! Be warned if you take Zofran......it will make you HORRIBLY constipated!! You will definitely need to take stool softeners. Trust me!

My sickness usually goes away around the 16th week. That's when the doctors say your progesterone levels drop some which is what makes you so sick. I do notice that if I get really tired or really hungry after 16 weeks, I will still get queasy, but it's better!

Good luck! I feel for you. I know it's tough!!
    MissyWoo

Answer by MissyWoo at 5:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• As soon as the first trimester was over, so was my morning sickness. Rest as much as you can...the more you sleep the better you'll feel. Also, drink lots of water. You need more water now than you did before you were pregnant (and you probably weren't getting enough then either). It'll help to stay hydrated. Try some pregnancy pops or ginger. Both can help settle tummies. If it is really bad, ask your doctor for a perscription - they have meds for that now. =) good luck and congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My "morning sickness" was all day long from about 6 weeks to 12 weeks and then it stopped. Nothing made mine better except to eat all the time and I always craved fatty junk food, which helped alot too. Once the sick feeling was gone, I was able to eat alot healthier. Good Luck.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I am 8 weeks right now and going through the same thing. With my last one I had to go on medication (zofran). I was sick with him through the first 6 months and then occasionally after that until he was born.
    One thing that seems to help a tiny bit for me is the Preggie Pop drops. I take one every time I have to change my son's diaper. It's doesn't stop the nausea but it does keep me from throwing up while I'm changing him. Another thing you could try is vitamin B6. It works for some people, but not everyone. Make sure you call your doctor/midwife if you can't hold anything down at all or if you start to feel dehydrated. Hope you feel better soon!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 6:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009