Harry Potter?

I am a Harry Potter Fan. My MIL doesn't like it at all and told me I'd better not let my children watch these movies or read these books. I don't see anything harmful about them, though I know some people don't like the Idea of witchcraft. I think MIl is entitled to her own opinion, but I don't feel these movies and books are a bad thing, and I don't particularly like her telling me what my kids can and cant do. How can she be okay with Disney movies that have magic in them but not this movie? She thinks The Disney movie Twitches is the cutest movie ever. uuh Hypocrit? What would you do or say to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Entertainment

• Tell her that you will decide what YOUR children will be exposed to. She is entitled to her opinion but that doesn't mean that her word is law. They aren't her children, they are yours. I would just tell her in the most polite way that you don't see anything wrong with it and it is your opinion that matters.
    Anonymous

• Your MIL raised her children, now you get to raise yours. I STRONGLY recommend letting your spouse handle this.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Just Avada Kedavra her butt and be done with it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• lol sorry was thinking the comment above me was funny, Your kids your choice what is she going to do spank you?
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Do we have the same MIL? lol. I would tell her to buzz off. They are YOUR kids, not hers.
    HLJones13

Answer by HLJones13 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2009