how do you recycle??

Little ways that you recycle.
Mine is after were done swimming in the kiddie pool we get our watering cans out and start to fill up and give our plants a little extra attention and watering. just a way to reuse water that would otherwise just be dumped in our lawn.

casd

Asked by casd at 4:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't recycle, I just reuse. I reuse kitty litter containers to plant vegetables, I wash out plastic baggies and use them again, I have had the same water bottle for nearly a year now...

I also try not to buy too many paper products to REDUCE what I use. I don't drink soda, so no cans or bottles from that, either.
    Anonymous

• That's good for your lawn too, but good idea! We recycle everything we can. If I bake and cover something with foil, that goes in the bin when done. Toilet paper and paper towel tubes, you name it. I love the feeling of placing a milk jug etc in the bin and knowing that I kept it from spending a lifetime in a landfil! Kermit was wrong...it IS easy being green!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We recycle our beer cans (no soda in our house), but mainly because we live in MI and get $0.10 to return them.

We recycle cardboard, glass and plastic. We also recycle our papers.

The only thing that I feel I should do is get those reusable grocery bags. I hate those plastic bags, but we also use those for our dirty kitty litter.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• if not too spoiled, I reuse plastic freezer bags, I use small plastic grocery bags for our small garbage cans and cleaning the cat litter box, I go to the recycling center (no public pickup in my area), I'll soon be making milk jug bird feeders once I get the motivation, we reuse mason jars for drinking cups, reuse plastic silverware, I buy bigger sizes for yogurt or soda...thats all I can think of for now
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• forgot to add, I normally use canvas bags for groceries, but if i forget them at home and they provide them at the store I'll just grab a few, or just have them use plastic, which are reused as garbage bags or yucky kitty litter lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009