Is it your ego?

Is it your ego that forces you to speed up when I pass you? Is it your ego that makes you ride up my tailpipe if I happen to have passed you? What is your issue with being passed by a hybrid car? Do you not realize that by speeding up to blow past me after I just passed you, that you are wasting more gas?

Seriously, what is the deal with you SUV and pick-up drivers that you can't seem to stand having me pass you in my little Prius? And this is not an isolated incident. More than 75% of the time I pass an SUV or a pick-up in my little hybrid, they have to speed up to pass me back. Are you that ashamed that my hybrid has good enough power to pass up your V6 or V8? GET OVER IT AND STOP WASTING YOUR GAS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you need to get over yourself! Are you so FULL of yourself that you think anyone who passes by you in traffic is out to get you? Grow up!
    Anonymous

• LOL I know my SO can't stand it when anyone passes him, hybrid or not!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• They're jealous that you're saving so much money on gas. Ha, no but really I should ask my husband. We don't drive a truck but he has been known to be the one to speed up when someone is trying to get over and then by the same token gets PISSED if someone does it to them. I don't like to be in the car much with him.
    Anonymous

• Why does it matter that you have a hybrid?
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• did you pass me legally or am i riding close to get your tag and report reckless driving? seroiusly though i don't speed up, but i travel the speed limit and it makes me very angry (esp. with children in the car) when people pass me on a double yellow speeding. i would imagine it is their ego if your pass was legal.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you just have the issue of passing people in SUV's because you are not happy with them on the streets? or maybe it truly is that there is tensions going both ways. If you keep having this issue over and over... maybe look at how you are passing them.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009