why do white women get tans

Just pondering and decided to ask, Why do you guys get tans? For the record, Im not trying to mean nor racist just always wondered. had to put that out there because some of mothers on here be tripping.

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 4:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• cuz they don't like to be pale? tan is considered "sexy" or something
    Anonymous

• I don't. I think it's incredibly unhealthy. Melanomas are NOT cool. Not to mention it ages your skin so much.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• "some of the mothers on here be tripping"

LMAO OMG I love it.

I personally have never stepped into a tanning bed in my life. I think a healthy glow is good for *most* women. Some women look fantastic with pale skin. But I think pasty, chalky, vampire-like pale is eeeeeeh. You look sick when you're too pale.

As for the women who tan obsessively? Yeah, no. You're going to look like an alligator-skin leather bag by the time you're 50, honey. Lay off the fake bake.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Why do black people lay out and Tan..?

So their skin tone is even.. So they don't have farmer lines..? Maybe EVERYONE does it for the same reason Cause I know plenty of other races who tan
    Anonymous

• Well, technically because of melinin (sp) in our skin. Personally, I love to lay in the sun, so relaxing and feels good. Plus, I think imperfections look a bit better when tan. I can see your point though. And why would a person who is racist against those of color want to bake in the sun until they look like one? Interesting question.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i am white as a ghost and i dont tan.... i just think some people dont like being pal
    Anonymous

• No idea!

Photobucket
    Anonymous

• Anon :41 Ive personally never seen a black person actually lay out and tan..
    Anonymous

• maybe because tan skin looks better. hides flaws easier and is more "summery".

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I feel like I look better with a little bit of a tan. laying in a tanning bed is also one of the most relaxing things I have ever done. WONDERFUL feeling.

However, I quit doing all of that b/c I knew it wasnt good for my skin. I now use SPF 50 sunscreen if I am ever in the sun. And I dont remember the last time I layed in a tanning bed. But sometimes I wish I could, I know its not good though.

;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009