Black women (or white women, for that matter), do you have a weave, or do you go au natural?

This isn't meant to be racist, duh.

I'm just curious. Tyra Banks talks about her weave allllllll the time. I don't even know how they're put in. Are they like extensions, or are they a completely different thing? I've always wanted to know :D

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• really.

yes and no i use ponytail it have a string in the back the you pull to make it tighter, but theres so many things you could do these days........i love talking about hair and makeup.

they have half lace wigs or front lace wigs, they are wonderful they bring clips or you could buy the glue or the tape......with the glue you could have it on for 2 weeks.....you can wash it with cold water. they have human hair they are a little more expensive, they run around 199 or 300 and up.

i hope this helps.

you could go to YouTube and they have a lot of information about it.  anybody could wear it my mom is white and she do it all the time, and it look so good on her.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• im not black but my bestfriend is she got weave put in which is human hair and more expensive But looks so much better and its sewn in not that nasty glue crap. its pretty but im white and i have beautiful long hair i would never put weave in
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 5:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• good for you
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm black and no, I don't have a weave - I don't go natural either. I have too much hair! It's thick and long - to the middle of my back long. I'm 32 and while I've die my hair every color under the rainbow and I relax it I've never actually cut my hair. My father taught me and my three older sisters women shouldn't really cut their hair. Our oldest sister cut her hair at 17 and she was punished for it, the next one cut her hair when she was 18 and my dad was upset but knowing that she was of legal age he just yelled at her (lol) my sister Tonya who is 13yrs older than me had to cut her hair about chin length due to the medication she takes for her Lupus. I'm the last of the Mohicans so to speak; I told my dad I wouldn't cut my hair in honor of his wishes until he was 6' under. Both of my daughters have long hair, my oldest is black and my youngest from my current marriage is bi-racial so her hair is almost to her butt.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I've told both of my girls who are 11 and 4 that they are not aloud to cut their hair until they're 18. I think now a days wearing a weave isn't much of a taboo as it was years ago when I was in school, everybody thought my hair and a few other girls who had long hair all wore weaves and they hated on us. Now everybody black, white and even Latina wears a weave and it's no big deal. However, every once and a while when you can still run into someone who will hate on you for not having to stop at the beauty supply store to purchase their hair.

I don't mind weaves if they're done right. I can't stand when they look tired - if you're gonna wear one make sure whoever puts it in does a damn good job so when you get outta that chair you look FIERCE!!!

Oh, and don't over do it! Wear your weave don't let the weave wear you. I don't need to see your weave before I see you. If you rock a wig you do know you can wash and comb
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• that sucker sometimes. I hate seeing a woman who goes thru so much to make sure her outfit, shoes, nails, brows, and her bag is tight but her wig or weave ain't right.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I kind of want to get weave or extensions because I need long hair to do vintage styles, and I'm only working with like maybe 6 inches! urgh
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Mines natural. I used to sport those hairy ponytail holder things until my mom told me "Oh honey you ain't fooling no one with that Barbie dolls hair up on your head!" lol. So I stopped. Now I look at pictures and she was right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I don't wear a weave but I don't go au natural either. Wow that would be a site, lol. I have a lot of hair and it's really thick. I use a relaxer. My hair is down almost to my mid back. It's attempting to grow out from a recent hair cut. Weaves can look nice if done right. All through school people though I had a weave because my hair was almost down to my butt. I used to let people pull on my hair to prove my point.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I got extensions that you clip on. I love them . I am white. I got a really bad haricut during the winter. She cut like almost 4 inches off and put low lights on the bottom of my blonde hair. It looked awful. So I taught myself how to put them on , It is so nice. Your hair does not fall out and it saves so much time. I never sleep with them and do not tease the hair to wear them I just ue hairspray.
    Anonymous