Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any moms from England

If there are any moms from england I have a question for ya. I want to move to england from the us I've heard its hard getting legal residence there, one of those if you weren't born here your not living here kind of thing is that true?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Travel

Answers (2)
  • I have two (American) friends who live in England. One is an architect, and was sponsored by the firm she works for; the other is an artist and university professor. Both have been living there for about 20 years. It is extremely difficult for someone from a non-EU country to get a work permit, unless you have an employer willing to sponsor you.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

  • Write to the British Embassy in Washington, a formal letter may be better than an e-mail. At one time it was easier if you had a parent or grandparent who was born there but I don't know if that is still the case. There are a lot of Americans living in the UK and they manage it somehow !

    Answer by janet116 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.