Pet Hair

I have a 4 yr old Boston Terrier named Dudley and though I love him to death I don't love his shedding.. I have found his dog hair all over things that my 3 week old daughter owns....Does anyone have any good tips on how to remove dog hairs off blankets and clothes without having to spend hrs picking them off one by one.. Even after I wash them I find dog hairs on them before I even bring them back in the house.. any tips on how to pick up such pesky hairs would be appreciated... I have used the pet hair rollers but it never works really well.. Any ideas?

Faeriebrat

Asked by Faeriebrat at 4:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Pledge makes a pet hair/lint remover roller thing. It seems to work pretty well as it doesn't use a sticky page to get up the lint but rather two stiff brushes. You can find it with the dusting & cleaning supplies.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yes, I recommend the Pledge pair hair thing. I just bought it to get the dog and cat hair off of our couch. Works pretty good. Only downside is when it's full you throw it away instead of emptying it.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Rubber gloves, put them on and rub them all over everything that is hairy. Are you able to regulary brush Dudley? Our dog got used to it, now its a weekly treat for her. Isn't there a shampoo you can use to control the shedding?
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would do as suggested and get a good pet comb and groom the dog twice a week....i'd also look into a good vacuum that is designed for pet hair and vacuum several times a week. And i'd also no longer allow the dog into the babies room to help minimize what gets into her room and her things!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:07 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Lol you know the fabric sheets that you throw in the dryer....use it to pick up dog hairs...no joke I have a newfoundland and he sheds like crazy. I do not have alot of money for a new product to try it out. But I found out that frabic sheet works best and it is cheap, too.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 1:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Oh sorry was laughing to hard...take the fabric sheet lay it on your hands and rub it against the clothes then take your hands and brush the hairs off.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 1:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2009