Perfect Age to be a Mom?

What do you think is the perfect age to become a mother? Forget about how old you were when you had kids, what age do you think would have been perfect? I know circumstances play a huge role in terms of finances, marriage status, etc., but so does age, in a way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Definitely after the age of 30!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Not before 25 and not after 40.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• 28-30? That is what i would think. But, i had my daighter @ 19, and every step has been very wonderful. The only thing i would have changed was that i had more money. Everything else was wonderful.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• 28. I however was 21 when I had my first. I love my son beyond words, but I never got to "live" it up. Not that I would have been a party-er, but I found out I was pregnant nine days after I turned 21.
    Anonymous

• 25
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think age really doesn't play a part unless your underage. I think it all depends on the person and how mature they are and if they can provide for their child.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I was 28 when I had my DD who is now 3 1/2 mos. I think it's a good age-- not too young, not too old. I"ve finished college/grad. school and am married, so I don't think there's too much I didn't accomplish before having her. I think the advantage to being younger, though is that you have a lot of time to look forward to once they're grown, esp. with grandkids. My MIL is 61 and thinks being a grandma would have been great in her 50's.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• age doesnt matter. long as your healthy and so is your spouse, your financially stable and can take care of this baby with no problem then thats when. when you and your spouse are ready, if i were to say age i would say around 23-35. that seems perfect to me. but like i said long as your financially stable. you could be broke at the age of 30 so depends.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 5:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think having children in your late twenties is the best. I had my daughter at twenty-six, and I wouldn't have changed it.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Assuming you had your life in order, I think around 30 would be perfect.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009