Without going to the doctor?

I think I have low blood sugar. I will get really low on energy and extremely tired but then as soon as I eat something with sugar it seems to help me a little. Could I have low blood sugar?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 4:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• You could have low iron too. That will also make you tired.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• yes u could have low blood sugar...if u know someone who is diabetic u could use their machine to test ur sugar when u feel this way
    Anonymous

• I agree with both answers!!!! I get low blood sugar sometimes, and I am anemic most of the time. But I feel pretty much the same when either are low. If I'm feeling bad, I'll check my sugars...and if they are low, I fix that. If they are fine, I will get my iron levels checked....and 99% of the time that turns out to the problem. The only I time I felt like that when niether of those were the problem....the "problem" turned into my oldest child!!!
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 5:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It could be blood sugar or iron, or it could be something else. I felt that way when I was having thyroid problems, and eating anything sugary would perk me back up.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You have to go to a doctor. If you can't afford one, a social services agency can direct you to a clinic you can afford. If you are in Chicago, contact me and I will point you in the right direction.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Yeah that sounds like hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).  You need to eat about 5 protein rich meals a day (about every 2 hours).  Thats what my doctor told me because I have low blood sugar. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2009