How can I get my 3 yr old to sleep in her room again?

my daughter is going to be 4 in july. But its been 3 months that she doesnt sleep in her room. She has slept in her own room since she was 2. she says shes afraid of the monster, idk.What should I do to get her back to sleeping in her own bedroom?

july4528

Asked by july4528 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• get a can of air freshner. fill a water bottle full of water with a couple drops air frechner and day its "monster spray" spray it around the room every night before she goes to bed. it makes them go away. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Thats sounds so good. i will definitely try that!! thanks
    july4528

Answer by july4528 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• no problem...also if you have a family pet you can say that that pet "spot" is supposed to scare monster away! thats why you have him, that s what we said about our cats. my son was scared of bears in his closet for the longest time. we dont know where that came from, cuz he likes bears. but he believed us.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Make her room as cozy as it can be for a little girl. My son had the same issue. I started to put pictures up, organized more of his toys and made his room a little sanctuary. Every night I would read to him in his bed, caressed his back and he would start to sleep in his room. Oh and his favorite moon nightlite on his wall. It should be about comfort and security. Trust me with their little imaginations anything is possible.
    DDmama05

Answer by DDmama05 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2009

• Our daughter had the same problem. Simply (yeah right) put her/him in the bed. Tell him that it's bed time and that he has to sleep in his big boy/girl bed. If she gets up, take her by the hand and lead her right back to the bed. Say goodnight and walk out of the room. Ignore the screaming and crying unless it is a LEGIT emergency.

You'll have to do this for a few days and then all will be well.

Now, making the room all hers will help. Pictures, etc will make her feel more comfortable.

Btw, we learned how to get our DD to sleep in her bed from the tv show the Nanny. Seen it and put it to work that night. 2 days later she was goign to bed w/out issues in her own bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2009