MEMORY LOSS (no bashing)

Im 19 years old and i have a horrible memory! i dont remember 90 percent of my childhood! i can walk out of a movie and n remember the name before i get to my car! im not under any stress! i feel like my memory has been fading over the years! anyho has this happened to anyone and what can cause this?

oh i havent had any head injuries eathier

adensmommie119

Asked by adensmommie119 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• girl well if it makes tyou feel any better im only 18 and i forget almost everything. i mean i remember conversations but certain things i cant remember. for instance just like you said movies, tv shoes, and so on. i dont know what it is. my mom always says selective memory but im not sure hun.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 5:02 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If you are being serious that your memory is that bad, you should probably see a doctor about this, there are mnay medical problems that this is a symptom of.
    Anonymous

• I think everyone has forgetful moments, but what you have described sounds like more than that. I have no idea what might be causing it, but if it is really that significant you should visit with your doctor about it. My daughter has ADHD; she is very forgetful, but it's mostly regarding short term things. For example, she will carry her dishes to the bathroom instead of the kitchen when she clears the table.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It could be caused by a hormonal problem. I believe the thyroid is one gland that may be involved. I have always had memory problems. I remember when I student- taught in college that I had a note pad with me the first day at the school where I'd be teaching so I could copy down the instructions and policies that we were told. The principal was so impressed that I would take the trouble to make notes, that shortly afterward he offered me a job on graduation! LOL! I didn't tell him I had to take notes because of my memory. You may want to read the light mystery series by Elizabeth D.Squire. The main character is a forgetful lady and in the course of the story she tells of little tricks and methods she has to help remember.

Answer by Bmat at 6:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009