UTI

So I keep getting UTI's and this had to be the worse one I have ever had. I started meds on Wednesday and still feeling like I have to go all the time. Does anyone know of anything that will help me prevent these, I do everytning that the Drs say and still keep getting these. Does anyone also know anything about Cranberry pills???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. add one glass for every soda or caffeinated beverage that you drink. Take cranberry capsules or drink a glass of real, unsweetened cranberry juice (not the ocean spray crap) every day.
    eat a real yogurt every day (the kind without gelatin and without HFCS and with live cultures.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Try drinking cranberry juice every day. That's what helped me. I don't know about the pills, but I assume that they would work as well.
    Anonymous

• I found that cranberry juice didn't do much for me. And I calculated one time how many cranberry pills you'd have to take to equal one glass of cranberry juice and it was a huge number. I finally, and reluctantly, went to a urologist- should have done it much sooner. The first urologist I went to gave me the pills to have on hand in case of an infection, but he passed away, so I went to another, and he actually kept me on the meds for a while, then we cut back, and now I take very little, but I haven't had a UTI in a couple years now. At one point they were getting worse and worse, similar to what you are saying. I went to Urgent Care, and the next time had to go to the ER, this is when I decided enough was enough.

Answer by Bmat at 6:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009