Boiled bacon?

I'm trying a new recipe for bacon wrapped chicken kabobs...one of the reviewers said that if you boil the bacon first it will cook more evenly, I have never in my life heard of boiling bacon before, has anyone ever done this?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 5:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I haven't done this, but I can see how it might help by precooking it just a little. It also might get rid of some of the fat.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Never heard of this. My first thought was EWWWWW. I just imagine floppy bacon. I have to have crispy bacon or I gag. LOL!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I boil bacon in my green beans for flavor, but it's really wiggly. I dont know if you could eat it. It would feel funny, but once you cook it with the chicken it will crisp up and be ok. I'd try it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Ok, it was totally gross boiling bacon, but it did remove some fat and it did crisp up really nice on the grill but did not burn, which gave the chicken plenty of time to cook. I'd do it again.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2009