help me

inlaws are demanding going to hospital with me when i have a c section they will not listen to me and my husband we told them to come after we are out of recovery and they refuse they want to be there during delivery they are pissing us off what do we do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tell the doc not to let them in, this is a stressful enough time for you too and if they can't get the hint. than slap them with it.
    Anonymous

• tell the hospital who you want and who you DO NOT want. they will keep out unwanted people.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my MIL was the same way. i talked to the nurse who was in surgery with us and took care of me afterwards. I told her what was going on and she helped me out. She told the family that the had to leave while I tried breastfeeding. (they would have just sat there telling me how to and how not to do it) The Nurse looked like the bad guy, not me or my DH. Still to this day I'll hear my MIl say "that nurse of yours was terrible" I love that nurse!!!!! if only they knew haha :)
    casd

Answer by casd at 5:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Most hospitals have you sign a form of consent where you list certain people you will allow during delivery, and you can include a list of who you don't want.
    There is also a form where you sign so the hospital can't tell anyone who's not on your authorized list what room you're in. :)
    VonWiggles

Answer by VonWiggles at 6:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• when you have a c-section, only one person is allowed in the room.
    Anonymous

• its up to the docs and anesthesiologist on how many people can be there during a c-sec. I had 2, my DH and my mom
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I thought during a c-section only one other person could be in the room? If thats not the case tell the nurse not to let anyone in.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would inform the staff that is on duty the day of your C to not let them in till you are in recovery. I know that inlaws can be stressful, my mother in law didnt like me till I was married to her son for 15 years. Hang in there they will respect your wishes eventually
    jjross

Answer by jjross at 6:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009