Why the double standard? Spin off question

How come a woman who is 180 lbs is beautiful just the way she is and it isnt okay to say she is "sickening" but it IS okay for all of you mothers to say a 100 pound in shape woman is "sickening" and she is ugly? I happen to be 100 lbs and 5'1 I am not disgusting by any means and resent the mothers on here who claim I am! I also don't believe the 190+ women are disgusting either! Does anyone else agree with me that it is just as hateful to call a thin person disgusting as it is an obese woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Jealousy I suppose. The thicker girls are jealous. Ooo don't you dare make fun of my curves, but I can poke fun at thinner ladies. thin girls are always called "Sick" " or accused of having an eating disorder.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is. But it's not healthy to be on either extreme. If I'm correct, 100 is on the lower end of perfect for your height, right? I'm 5'6", and if I weighed 100 pounds I'd look like a scary waif. I think people who make fun of people bigger or smaller than they are are either extremely jealous or extremely insecure.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree! I am not skinny like that, I am on the other end of the scale. But i do have friends who cant gain any wait and are very self concious of how skinny they are. They dont understand why everyone is so jealous of them. The peopl that i think dont look good are the ones that are so judgemental they always have a scowl on and stare at everyone else. I guess thats more ugly on the inside reflecting its way out tho!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree with you, I am also thin and some women on here have called me names because of it. but I dont really let it bother me.
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Exactly! You never know the reason the person is over or underweight! Maybe the obese woman just gave birth to triplets a month before. Maybe the 100 pound girl is battling cancer. You never know.
    Anonymous

• I"m 5'3" and 104 lbs. and I don't look rail thin. I think I look pretty regular and have done nothing to get to this size, I just had a baby 3 mos. ago. I acutally liked it when I weighed 10 more lbs. but through breastfeeding I lost it all. It's just the way I am. I eat whatever. I think they mean ppl. who look sickly skinny, like with bones sticking out and stuff.
    Anonymous

• I'm on the heavy side of the spectrum (160 pds and 5"2) and I think that mostly when we look for women that we think are "beautiful" really more or less we are looking for a "healthy" look, not necessarily one perfect body weight. For instance, anything below 130 for me, and I start looking like I've been doing some serious drugs or something! But on the other is not healthy either, bc then you feel tired and run down , etc. I look at women and judge them by how healthy they look, not by skinny or big, etc. Some women at 100 pounds look very healthy, and some do not, just as there are bigger women who carry their weight better. No one should be defined by a number!
    Anonymous

• You are a little skinny for your height. I wouldn't call you disgusting or anything like that because I'm sure you are beautiful woman! I would reccomend putting on some weight for your health. That is not healthy and could cause your some of your internal organs not to function properly. Also big women are beautiful too! I would never say that anyone is disgusting because being a woman is beautiful and there is a man out there who thinks you're the sexiest thing alive!
    Anonymous

• oh I thought it said 5'11, but it said 5'1....OK now Im not so worried about your weight. I bet you're cute as can be!
    Anonymous

• I'm skinny and I KNOW I'm not disgusting. I'm sure that some people are insecure and trying to justify being overweight as being "healthy", when if fact overweight is not healthy.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009