my 4 month old got his tongue cut......

my baby was tongue tied he got the lil flap under his tongue cut.......if any of u have had it done or to ur kids how long does it take to heal? and can it get infected ? did u put anything on it?

mama2my2boys

Asked by mama2my2boys at 6:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont know anyone who has had it done, but I do know the mouth is one of the fastest places on the body to heal, and I wouldnt put anything on it unless the Dr specifically told you to. As long as you follow Dr's instructions it shouldnt get infected.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Do nothing! It is the fastest healing spot on the body. My son had his done on day 2! :) It is probably healed already! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 6:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my dd got hers cut at 2 weeks, don't put anything on it, like the PP do nothing! it heals quick, it'll turn white like a wet scab, but its just healing! had no prob. with infection. we fed her like 10 minutes after just like the dr. said. and she was fine!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 10:05 AM on Jun. 20, 2009