Why is it so hard to meet other moms on this site

I'm so bummed because I am getting no responses from other moms. My daughter and I are trying to meet moms with kids in our area and almost everyone we have contacted has not gotten back to us. Hmmm...do they think we are some crazy stalkers...not sure. If you live in Corona, CA...we need more friends...need to get out. Don't worry, we're not stalking you...just trying to make friends :)

averys1mama

Asked by averys1mama at 6:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you sending messages by the site messages? I know that I've missed a number of message that come in on my chatterbox since I rarely go to my home page. At least the message feature tells me when there is a message in my inbox. Or maybe they haven't been here for a while. Don't give up.

Answer by Bmat at 6:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• have you tried searching for a playgroup in your area? You can use your town or county as search words in the group search section. If there isnt' a playgroup for moms in your area, you could always start one...that's what I did and now I have a great group of women who have become my best friends and I met them all on CafeMom! Good luck mama!
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 6:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• There are groups on here for moms in your area. I joined Tinker moms cuz we all have some affiliation to Tinker AFB. Maybe you should try a group.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 7:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Just keep trying. I have done the same thing. I now have three moms on here to do play dates with. Just dont give up. Oh and also when you are going to send a message make sure its not on the chatterbox, I dont check that either. And on the moms page see when the last log in was...I ran into quite a few that had not logged in for months.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2009