• In the Spotlight:

Do you ever cry at the end of the movie Pride and Prejudice?

At the end when Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy finally get together I always cry because it's so romantic and my husband makes fun of me! Oh well..

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 6:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I went thru a period where I would watch it EVERY SINGLE DAY... never made me cry, I just love the movie
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i've never seen it. Is it worth watching??
    casd

Answer by casd at 6:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• No- never cried. It is romantic, and I am glad that they got together, but both behaved badly earlier in the story--- which was the point, of course. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 6:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Oh yes you should read the book or at least see the movie. In the latest movie... the one with Kiera Knightly... the costumes are amazing. Anyway the book is a classic.

Answer by Bmat at 6:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have the movie with Kiera Knightly and I love it. I wish romance was still like that, but it always makes me cry...and I get made fun of, but women are emotional we just can't help it!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• The Kiera Knightley one is good, but it falls short because Colin Firth isn't Mr. Darcy in it. The man they use just doesn't seem like Darcy. That character makes the entire story to me, as much as I like Elizabeth Bennet. I'm not a huge Colin Firth fan - but put on the 1995 version and I'm a mess. Love the book, love the movie.

There is also 'Lost in Austen' that came out last year about a modern day woman being dropped into the story. I loved it, even if it muddled Austen's original story a bit.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have never seen the movie but I have read the book, twice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2009