i posted a similar question..

a while ago i posted "what would make you break up with your SO" and a lot of you're answers were if they cheated or abused you. so you would put up with everything else just as long as they didn't cheat or abuse? in my opinion i would break up with an SO if we were constantly fighting all the time (meaning that we were fighting more than we got along) and could never resolve anything for example. there's probably a few more id break up with him for too. what do you guys think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that spending all the money and racking up debt would be another reason. Also drug and alcohol abuse, and maybe addiction to porn.

For arguing and not getting along, it would depend on whether you were married or not, and if there were children involved. For a marriage or with children, then I'd seek couples counseling, at least. For an unmarried couple without the responsibility of children, then yes you or he could just walk away and not look back.

Answer by Bmat at 6:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think it depends on if they were my SO/BF or my husband. I would endure a lot more to make my marriage work than I would to make a relationship with a bf work. I think if I was fighting all the time with a bf I wouldn't even bother to take the necessary steps to make it work. If I am having problems like that and I am not even married to them, then there would be no point in even trying to continue a relationship that I know is doomed. The reason I am married to the man that I am married too is because I went through tons of relationships that I knew by a certain point were not going to result in success. I found the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, and I understood going in that it wasn't always going to be sunshine and roses. I would be much more inclined to work things out with my husband.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well I think that people would break up with their SO's for a lot of reasons. They probably just thought you meant what would be the biggest reason to break up with someone.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 6:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my x disrespected me. That was enough for me to say good bye. It also covers a lot of things other than cheating and abuse.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2009