• In the Spotlight:

My son is almost a year, he still breatfeeds at night. He has 4 teeth, I am afraid of his teeth decaying. Anyone have asimilar situation and what did you do?

tiffany.30

Asked by tiffany.30 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My first two children got teeth at 4 months and 3 months respectively! I still nursed at night as well as during the day and their teeth are fine. I think as long as you are cleaning them in the mornings it should be ok! I would consult a dentist to find out for sure if you are worried though!
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 6:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Just don't let him sleep with a mouthful of milk. My pediatrician actually told me that breastmilk is not as bad as formula when it comes to tooth decay.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Tooth decay is very rare from breastmilk. Genetics will have a bigger role in a childs teeth decaying.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• check out brianpalmerdds.com. Breast milk is not bad for teeth.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2009