i need to find a way to destress HOW CAN I PLEASE DONT BE RUDE I CANT TAKE IT RIGHTNOW

i have been told that i have Patience of steel but i think myPatience has worn very thin . i feel like im haveing a break down.between my 8 yr old son being sick all the time ,haveing to take care of my father inlaw,my mom and helping out 2 of my friends 1 had a stroke& the other had a heart atack. and last but not least putting up with an idiot sister of mine who went too court on the 11th last month and told the judge that she has not been on my property in months and was denied custody of her son again ! Then she went back to the courts and lied to them and told them that she WAS in my home 3 days ago and saw that i had pot growing in my home so they busted my door in too find strawberrie plants growing . NO ONE WAS HOME and i cant get a laywer cause i have no $ . i realy feel like im loosing my freakin mind

all3boys45634

Asked by all3boys45634 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow! You have a lot going on. Very stressful! You need a break for sure. You say you have no money, could you go to a park? Is your son well enough that you could take him? Maybe have a picnic, just sit, and walk, and do a lot of breathing and trying to relax. Take your mind off of the worries. Place your worries in order of urgency and importance. And worry about the first few for maybe 5 minutes. Then worry about the next few for maybe 3 minutes, and so forth. Inhale slowly, exhale slowly. As you exhale let the tension flow away. Concentrate on your breathing during this practice. If your worries try to pop into your mind, push them away. You have plenty of time to worry about them again in a few minutes, but take a little break from the worries and do the breathing exercise.

Answer by Bmat at 6:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm so sorry it sounds terrible. Cry it out let it all out. It seems like you are right in the middle of all this. You NEED to take care of yourself first. I'll say a prayer for you.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 6:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You just have far too much going on and you really need to just step back and start thinking about just yourself and your home, as far as friends go I would just tell them you are no longer able to help them out, if they are true friends they should be able to understand, as far as your FIL goes your dh needs to step up to the plate there its his father not yours, not really sure if I understand the whole ordeal with your sister but from the sounds of it you have custody of her child and from what you said she did here I think you should just cut her off until she gets it together, stop letting yourself be a door mat for everyone, I know its not possible always but there definately comes a point where you just have got to stop and put yourself FIRST. GL mama and hang in there
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies.You've got too much on your plate right now.God bless your dear heart for trying.If your going to continue call in reinforcements.You need help and there's no shame in asking for it.As far as your sister goes I would re-evaluate the relationship.Draw your boundry lines and make them clear.Get a temp restraining order if you must.That may sound a little extreme but without a lawyer you want to be able to defend yourself to the fullest.I'm soo sorry your carrying all of this on you.Plan a night for yourself this week and take it easy k?HTH God bless.
    InGodsTime

Answer by InGodsTime at 7:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Learn to pace yourself and stop taking on so much. The court will give you a lawyer when you plead not guilty. Tell your friends they have to find others to help them. Insurance should pay for caregivers to take care of them. You cannot take on the world by yourself. Learn to say "no" to ppl. Maybe a hot bath will help things.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you are burned out. Can you find some help with all the people that you are caring for? As to your sister....I wouldn't let her back in my house ever.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 9:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Some cities have free legal aid, I don't know where you would go to find out about that. Your plate is surely full,and running over. Is there any way that you can take a few minutes for yourself? Drink a cup of comfrey tea and listen to some easy listening music, and doing those breathing exercises.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009