• In the Spotlight:

what would you if the same guy sat watching the neighbors house day after day?

for the past month this same guy sits in the driveway of the apartment complex across the street and watches my neighbors house. i asked them if they knew who drove such and such car and they said no....its starting to creep me out. he will sit there for 20 or so minutes watching and couple of times had binoculars. i took pics of the car today and was able to get up close on the driver(i know im not any better) but im worried this guy might do something crazy...should alert the police..give them heads up that this suspicious car just sits out there or should i not worry about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Let me tell you a story it's not to scare you but.....I took my younger siblings to the local public pool everyday one summer about 10 years ago.  While at the pool I noticed this van which came around the same time everyday. I didn't think much of it at first until I watched him one day and all he did was sit and watch the kids at the pool. Then one day I noticed he had binoculars and a camera. I notified the man who ran the pool and told him this guy would come everyday and sit and watch. The police were called, they came and they searched his van he had guns, rope and duct tape. The man was arrested on the spot. It scared me for a long time after that because me and my siblings walked to the pool.  I still to this day remember what his van looked like. So my advice to you is call the police and tell them what is going on especially if your neighbors have kids. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:31 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Tell them for sure. And I think I'd tell the police.

Answer by Bmat at 6:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Oh yes.... call the non emergency number and tell them that a stranger seems to be stalking in your neighborhood. I would call now and ask them what you should do the next time he shows up. Tell the police that you asked your neighbors and they don't know who he is or why he is sitting there using binoculars to check out the house (and possibly YOUR house too!)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• How close is he to your or their residence? There is a rule in most states that being within a certain amount of feet (not sure how many tho) for a consistent amount of time is stalking, which is punishable by fines and jail time. This law was passed specifically for times like this to prevent crimes. I would def. tell the neighbors at least if nothing else to alert them to the fact. It could be an ex husband or a violent relative or coworker, etc!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well, what you are doing is different. You are running your own private neighborhood watch ;)

This guy is behaving in a suspicious manner. Definitely call the police and also tell them that you have some pictures of the guy. You should try to get a picture of his license plate if possible, or write the number down at least.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Call the police. It is better to be cautious. Get the license plate number and give it to the police also. You never know. There have been so many abductions and rape you never know what will push a person over the edge.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would call them now to ask what to do about it, but regardless of their answer, next time he is out there, I would call the cops and tell them he is out there, and that he is there every day looking at the house, and sometimes has binoculars and that you feel very uneasy with him being there. They will at least come out and talk to him, and then he will know that someone, and the cops, are onto him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009