Pagan Blessing for a New Baby?

(Double posting this bc I'm not sure exactly which category it goes in!) I've been reading some and I would like to do a blessing ceremony for the new arrival once he gets here (one month to go!) and I was wondering if anyone else has done similar or has any links to websites that might be useful in deciding exactly how to go about it? I want something the whole family (grandparents and godparents) can participate in. Any suggestions plz?

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 7:00 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here, this should have everything you need to preform a basic Paganing Ceremony

http://paganspath.com/magik/grimoire/paganrit.htm

If you have any questions or need some help or ideas, just let me know! I'm not only a pagan, but a ceritfied event planner as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Do a search for Wiccaning or Pagan baby blessing. There are lots of them on the web and in books for you to get ideas from. I think the words and symbolism used should mean something to you, so what we did for our kids might not work for you or anyone else. Each was designed specifically for that child. One was an quiet, indoor private ritual while the other was held outdoors at a big Pagan fest. Both were performed by very dear friends of our who are like an extra set of grandparents to our kids. We also did a small protection/blessing/bonding ceremony immediately after each child was born that was just for DH and me and our child. Those were very freeform and from the heart.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I almost forgot to wish you bright blessings and congrats on the birth of your new child. Blessings upon you both!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009