Do you believe that a person who is raised Christian, goes atheist/agnostic, then goes back to Christianity was ever really atheist?

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with it. I'm just curious to hear what other people have to say.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I honestly do not feel I was really raised Christian.I went to a Baptist church up north (I was born In D.C. raised just outside of) for a yr or so as a kid because my big sis did.When she stopped going I stopped going.Anyway,I repented and accepted Jesus as my Lord and savoir at the age of 19 (I am 34 now).I slept through the preaching I was under as a little girl lol but somehow that seed must of been planted because I suddenly remembered how to call out to the Lord.Anyway,I backslid (told you this in another one of your posts) for a few years (recently).I claimed myself "agnostic" which meant "idk if God exists or not." Do I think I truely thought myself agnostic? Yes........but the way I see it the Lord never left my side...He kept giving me signs He was still there but I ignored them until I could no longer ignore.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think once you have the true spirit of Jesus Christ you will never leave Him.
    Anonymous

• By the way my dad was a strong atheist.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Being raised Christian doesn't make them a Christian (but I am not saying he loves them any less), but if they had accepted Jesus as their savior then I don't believe he left them, even if they left him. It is possible to change your beliefs, but I believe what the Bible says, that he will not leave nor forsaken us. 

Anonymous

• Amen 7:15 the Bible does confirm as much.Jesus will not leave He will keep trying and calling us back.As the Shepard will not leave His flock.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• To tnmofive and anon---i was having a reallyl crappy day and then I read this. Thank you. The Lord does work in mysterious ways. He will keep tyring and calling us back. I need to burn that on a CD :-)
    Anonymous

• Well praise God 7:24 ...nice smile
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• being raised a christian and being a born again believer are two different things.
    If a christian raised as one but never truly accepted Jesus was never a christian in the first place.
    I personally think there is really no such thing as an athiest... you believe in something even if it isnt the Christian God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Actually my friend thinks she is an atheist, and actually dont believe in anything or anyone....i cant fathom the possibility, but it's possible...
    "being raised a christian and being a born again believer are two different things. "
    it's only different if someone never accepted Jesus in the first place, otherwise it's the same thing because Christian (born again or not) means you believe in the Lord God and Jesus CHRIST
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I personally think there is really no such thing as an athiest... you believe in something even if it isnt the Christian God.

I was talking to an atheist once about how most people believe there has to be a driving force even if that driving force isn't God. He responded the driving force is nothing more than the universe. I pointed out that the universe is the driving force they believe in while some just believe it is science it is still a driving force that makes things happen.
    Anonymous