My daughter doesn't want to potty train because the baby isn't potty training. Any advice?

She's 26 months old, she's got all the signs to do it, even does a potty dance. She's pooped in it even and was very proud about it. I've tried to motivate her with stamps on her potty chart, treats, being super excited about it and she still doesn't want to. If I have her run around naked she'll hold it until I put a diaper on her and then she'll go. I've done everything they tell you to do to introduce them to their potty. She knows what it's for. But she says she doesn't want to use it because the baby isn't using it (My roommate's 1 year old boy). I'm not sure what to do about that?

I've tried to help her feel more like a big girl by letting her do things that the baby can't do. She's also been trying to act more like a baby instead of a big girl.

Any advice?

ak_mom

Asked by ak_mom at 7:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• see if your roomate will let her son sit on the potty. my son sits on the big potty, he's 27 months, i have a 10 month old, i sit her on the "little potty" just for his mere entertainment lol. he likes when they're together. loves her to death. did this a few times and he will go on his own. granted, he doesn't pee in the potty, but he has no problem pooping...ugh.
    Anonymous

• Or, you could tactfully take her big girl things. Whenever she acts like a baby, replace something that is for a big girl with one of the baby's toys. And make sure you are taking things she likes and give her lame toys to replace them. Explain that babies can't play with things like that. They are ony for big girls. See how quickly she sees the light.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 7:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009