This is a horrible thing of me to think of, isn't it?

I was sitting outside a little while ago and we were watching the neighborhood kids play I was thinking about how much fun I used to have when I was little riding my bike and such up and down my street.....but the street I live on now really irritates me. Those kids should be able to play, they're old enough....but the speed limit is 20 and there are some people who will speed through here at like 40 or 50 miles an hours. And I know a lot of people say kids shouldn't be allowed to play on the street...but we did when we were kids right?
Anyway, when I was sitting out there someone did the whole speeding by thing...and I thought "man, I would love to get a child sized blow up doll and put some sand in it." Just stick one of those in the middle of the road and watch a speeding car hit it. Scare the hell out of the driver and teach them a lesson. I know that would cause a wreck, that's horrible of me to think, isn't it?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 7:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you completely, I don't understnad why they have to drive so fast in residential areas, when they know kids are around. Another thing that aggravates me to no end is people who play their bassed out radios driving through neighborhoods at night. It never used to bother me until i brought my baby home from the hospital, it is amazing how much things change when you become a mother
    WittensMommy09

Answer by WittensMommy09 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• That sounds like a winning idea to me:) My mom lives on a street that runs 1 block and the neighborhood kids play in the street all the time...But there is always someone careening down the street! Last month someone hit my moms cat.
    I grew up on that street and played in it all the time.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 7:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• great idea lol we have that problem here too..it drives me nuts. it would be funny to see the drivers freak out....
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 7:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Its ok to think it.... just don't do it.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• lol i think it's great lol
    Anonymous

• Well, no not really. I understand what you mean. My neighborhood is full of kids and I get pissed when I see people speeding.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• "great idea lol we have that problem here too..it drives me nuts. it would be funny to see the drivers freak out.... "

But.... if they ran off the road and hit another car/house/tree it wouldn't be very funny at all and you would be criminally prosecuted.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Lol nah that's not horrible. It would definitely teach them a lesson. A lot of streets in my neighborhood where the speed limit is 35 or lower, they have added speed bumps to them to help prevent that. But of course, there's always an evil kinevil that likes to speed over the speed bumps. But yea, I definitely played in the street all the time as a kid and rode my bike all over the neighborhood without my parents having to worry at all. Funny how things have changed since the '80s!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would never do it! It just irritates me when I think about it. We went out to visit my SO's grandparents the other day....they live in the middle of the country with nothing but grass and fields and my kid was running and playing....and I about had a heart attack sitting there watching him. How sad is it that we have to worry about watching our kids that closely these days that if they're 10 yards away we freak out?!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think it's a hilarious idea! And you know...there should be something done. It doesn't matter if kids are ALLOWED to play in the street. We all know that kids do things they are not allowed to do all the time. What if one of them ran out into the road to get a toy or cross the street without looking? You may not have time to grab her/him before they set foot in the street, and what if a car was coming then? It's the speed limit for a reason, and drivers should adhere to that. I would laugh my ass off if I saw a driver hit a dummy. (assuming no one was hurt). I wouldn't do it cuz you'd get in trouble I bet...but still....very funny imo.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009