Do I REALLY Need A Robe?

I'm having a baby in September via c-section. It's been 5 years since I did this and I can't remember how long after the c-section it was that I was allowed to wear regular type clothes, like panties and loose fitting bottoms. I was wondering, so I REALLY need a robe? I'm having such a hard time finding one right now and if I don't absolutely need it, then I don't want to buy one.

rockinmom82

Asked by rockinmom82 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No - I brought a robe to the hospital and never took it out. I'd skip it - it took up half my bag and I never even thought about putting it on! I did bring a small blanket that I did use a lot.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i had 2 c-sections, took a robe for the first only used it b/c i didn't have the energy to put on normal clothes. so i used it when i was cold or walking around the hospital.
    for the second i wore normal clothes the next day, as long as you are comfortable than you can wear whatever you want, just take some lose fitting yoga style pants or pj bottoms and underwear that sit above the incision line so it doesn't irritate you. (same with the yoga pants)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I didn't need the robe, or my night gowns that I went and bought. I can't believe the money I spent on stuff for my hospital bag that I didn't even need....
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• nope, i barely used anything in my bag actually. just a scrunchie to keep my hair up, an outfit for the day i went home. loose clothing though. you might want slippers though lol. that's all i really used. oh and a blanket to bring the baby home in, and an outfit if you're wanting to put one on your LO. that's all you really need. our hospital had soap and shampoo.
    Anonymous

• right?!
    half my bag never got touched.. i used my Ipod, nightgown (only because I hate hospital gowns) and socks- I used the hospitals hair care products, and my own tooth brush. And my clothes to go home in.
    for baby all I needed was the out fit to bring him home in and a rear facing car seat.
    They gave me a diaper bag filled with things.
    I brought WAY to much stuff, wont make that mistake this time around.
    I would say dont bother with the robe, the first day where a night gown or hosptial gown, and the next loose PJ pants and a big shirt.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 7:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I also didn't use my PJ's or my robe on two out of three of my births. One of my babies was NICU for 8 days though and since I had some *issues* (I ruptured) I also had an extended stay. I used my robe and slippers each time I went to the NICU. If that hadn't happened though, I doubt I would have used it.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009