Is it okay to have a lunch banquet at a restaurant following a Catholic baptism?

I've usually been to big parties at someone's home after a baptism, but I want something smaller. There will be about 25 people, mostly just family. Would that be appropriate? I'm not very good at hosting parties, but I wanted to have something for family after the ceremony for my child to celebrate and thank them for coming. If that's okay, would it be okay to bring my own cake to the restaurant ( I wanted to get a simple white cake too). Any other ideas are welcome....do I need music, favors, etc? Or can it just be a simple sit-down with cake? HELP PLEASE!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Congratulations! We did the resaurant thing after the baptism of our second child. It's much easier and perfectly fine. We called ahead to reserve a table and they let us bring our own cake - you can call to ask for sure. We didn't worry about music or anything we just enjoyed talking with each other, holding the baby, and making sure big sis behaved. It was a wonderful time.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 8:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i'd just do a simple sit down w/the cake, just call the restaurant in advance to reserve a table, and most restaurants will put your cake in the fridge for you until you are ready for it, i've worked at numerous restaurants and they all did that. but they don't need a big party and at a restaurant you aren't responsible for clean up. :)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Everything she said.
    Anonymous

• oh, and congratulations on baby's baptism.
    Anonymous