sunburn!

I got a really terrible sunburn today when I took my kids to a water park. So far, I've done the aloe vera gel once, I'm dousing myself in noxema cream at the moment, and I have plans for an apple cider vinegar bath when my husband gets home with it.
Is there anything else that you know of that will reduce the pain or redness, or help prevent peeling?

wallylicious

Asked by wallylicious at 8:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• take some motrin for the inflammation and pain. and keep covering yourself in aloe and lotion that isn't scented.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• oatmeal bath or baking soda bath.
    Anonymous

• I never thought about the ibuprofen. good call!
    wallylicious

Answer by wallylicious at 8:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Ibuprofren works wonders. So does the vinegar. My grandma used to soak a washcloth in vinegar and just lay it on the sunburn, I could feel the "burn" come right out of the skin.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• they make a product that has aloe vera and lidocaine...its a blue gel ...its a wonderful product highly recommned it.....also sprinkle baby powder on your sheets to keep you from sticking ,sweating, it will help you feel cooler.....
    that along with ibuprofen and a good tepid bath.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• The noxema seemed to help for a little while, but then the vinegar bath made it even worse! And the pain is getting worse by the hour, not better. I slept in the guest bedroom last night, and woke up in the same position I fell asleep in, so apparently I hurt too much to even move.

I have SILVER SULFADIAZINE that I'm going to try, but taken orally, sulfa makes me vomit like crazy so I'm trying it on a little spot and going slow with it. I'm scared I'll swell up and be in even more pain!
    Thanks for all the great advice : )
    wallylicious

Answer by wallylicious at 12:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2009