• In the Spotlight:

Any tried Abilify? Help.

I am currently taking Lexapro 20mg for about a year now and also 50mg of Topamax. The topamax is primarily for my chronic headaches but the Dr. said it may help my mood also. I am angry and short fused all the time. I am either ok, or pissed with little provocation. My moods shift rapidly. And the depression is still there also. I get so easily irritated with my kids, noises, screaming, the sound of them bouncing balls against the wall will just irritate me to the point of losing it. I am sick of being in a horrible and enraged mood all the time and i feel horrible that it causes me to get angry with my kids. (I have NEVER been physical with them in any way) I have been thinking to talking to my dr. about trying something else. I can't live like this anymore and I can't imagine this being how I am suppose to feel all the time. I feel so weak for trying to solve everything with meds but I don't know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Health

• My hubby was on Abilify and he couldn't sit still, on the other hand I have another friend that takes it and it works great for her. Talk to your doctor, they usually have to try several different medications and combinations before they get it right, but eventually things start working out. Good luck!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• it sounds like u need a diffeent mood stabilizer...i dont like abilify i was on it and so was my dh...he actually got more depressed on it and had suicidal intentions...i personally take neronton and my dh is on wellbuterin and invega...my dr said neronton is a all around good drug to take for mood swing and anger issues...im just like u i tend to get irrated over the littles thing and then get pissed, after that just seconds later im be depressed...i would go to ur dr and ask for the miip (sp) test it'll give a diagnoises wether ur a manic depressant or bi polar the fastser u get a diagnoises the better they can treat u with specific drugs for that dis order
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2009