Want to share your testimony?

Hiya ladies...I wanted to share my testimony.If you would like to share yours please do.Maybe it will be a blessing to some other ladies and I love to hear them myself.

I was born in 74 in Washington D.C. and was raised just outside in Maryland.I grew up in a home with an atheist father and a mother who is Christian but was not practicing.My father was very bitter and abusive and mom became a workaholic (outside the home).So I had a pretty disfunctional family.I have one big sister who went to church for a yr or so and I followed until she stopped going.I really raised myself and hung with the wrong crowd through my teen years.Drinking and drugging and running the roads.Only by the grace of God (I believe) I am alive today.I got pregnant with my first child at the age of 18.I almost aborted that child but thank God a nurse showed me the sonogram.At about 19 yrs old (I am 34 now) I got on my knees in my bedroom,feeling awful

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• and full of guilt.and repented and asked Jesus Christ to forgive me and come into my heart ..be my Lord and savoir.What I experianced at that time I cannot possibly explain and do it justice.I felt all that weight lift up out of me and it was replaced with a peace and love beyond any understanding.That was the Lord Jesus touching me and healing me and I was then born again.Now not everyone experiances that same thing.I believe the Lord Jesus decides who needs what.The Bible says to be saved and born again all one has to do is accept the free gift of salvation.Which is Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose again on the thrid day...if we confess with our mouth we are sinner and ask Him to come into our hearts and guide us we shall be saved.So if you have done so fear not for you are saved.You have been born again as a child of God.Now I have backslid before but the Lord does not ever leave us he will stick by and call
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• us back in his own way.It is totally up to us what we choose as God has given us all freewill.Anyway,that is the short version of my testimony.Thank you for reading and again please share your own if you wish.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I would, but it looks like you are looking for people who have "found their way back" to god, and, well, I have not and very likely will not go back to Christianity. So, I will leave it at that and go about my business.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I had a similar experience...I was a devout Catholic before my grandma (nani, I called her that) died and i prayed for her recovery that obviously didnt happen. As a result , throughout high school I denied the existance of God out of anger, and like most atheists and agnostics, i would question faith. I was 19 and 4 months pregnant with my 1st and I hadn't felt him kick yet, i was getting worried. I was in the shower one day and my sister knocked on the door and told me my grandpa died. I began crying of course, and suddenly I felt the baby kick. Either my grandpa gave up his soul (ooh good question to follow up on) to my son, who acts alot like him actually, or God was making my grief easier by giving me a reason to smile through it. My son saved my life because he brought me closer to God by the miracle that is birth, and because i partied way too much and without a reason to stop i would be dead, cuz i would have continued
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I am looking into the Pagan belief and becoming a Pagan. I was raised Southern Baptist and had their beliefs and all. Born again and Baptized! Anyway, after these Religions and ppl claiming to be Christians and they aren't! ! I feel my heart is pulling me into a different direction. When i say Pagan, I don't mean Wiccan, Satanism, Agnostic or even Atheism. After reading about Pagan Beliefs, it is pretty much what I identify my life and beliefs with. So, this is my testimony! thank You! I had to blurt it out! I told my mom and she nearly panicked and thought it was the Wiccan faith and I had to educate her!
    Earth-Angel

Answer by Earth-Angel at 9:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Pagans have good ideas as far as morals and theology is concerned. Actually there really is something to say for all religions, even satanism as far as principles, sort of, is concerned. I'm with God, I prefer Catholism, but I think we're all on to something
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• THIS CAME FROM MY JOURNAL THAT I WROTE A WHILE BACK THIS IS MY testimony They everyone I'm going to tell you about my life. Just to let you know where God as brought me from. First I was born October 26, 1983. I was raised poor and my mom didn't have much she worked at McDonald's and she was a single mom with 3kids. My mom went without so that me my sister and brother could have food to eat and I thank my mom for that she is a great person. Also I was raised in church. There was one time that my mom didn't have any gas and wanted to go to church and she went by faith and we drove the car to church and back on an empty tank of Gas I was so little but I remember that. Also when I was little the doctor told my mom that I would be blind by the time I was 3. I couldn't see anything. and my mom took me to church and my grandma prayed for me and my eyes has gotten better instead of worse that let's you know God is good. OK

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• anyways when I was in middle school I got raped and I don't like to tell may people that if it helps someone out I want to tell everyone I can. It was so hard for me I had never had sex before I was only 14. I never really got over that until God came in my life but I was raped by this guy way older then me and lived next door he was friends with my brother and came over to see him and then he came into my room. My mom which is so great moved me out of the town I was living in cause I couldn't handle being there you know?
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Well ok then when I was in high school I was so deep into church it was great God was so good I was teaching preaching etc.... Well around the end of my high school year I got out of church and started doing some crazy stuff. I meet this guy named Ben and we would do drugs etc... Then I got pregnant with my first son which is 5 now. Well I always told myself that when I had a baby I didn't want them to be without a dad. So I got married to ben my son's dad by the way my son's name is Lucas. I thought I had it all a family baby money etc. But then about 6months in my marriage. Ben started being very abusive. He started drinking all the time coming home from bars leaving me with Lucas to raise plus working full time. It just got worse and worse, he was hitting
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• me, and not taking care of his son and just so mean to me. Also he even hit my mom and that's a no no. So I got a divorce from him and got full soul custody of Lucas. OK then I moved in with my mom untill I could save up to get my own place. I then got a apartment next to my mom cause she was watching Lucas why I worked like 70-80 a week. Then I started partying going from guy to guy drugs etc... I got into another relationship to make a long story short he did about the same thing as Ben did. And made me feel so bad about myself. OK well I kept going to clubs,drinking,drugs and not taking care of my son my mom had him but I knew he was in good hands
    hinson7169