how long does thrush take to go away?

i have tryed everything to get my newborn baby to not be so crabby. i feed him dont work, i have changed him dont work. i have rocked him still not working what do i do please help me

Bubbl3y

Asked by Bubbl3y at 9:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he has thrush he needs medication from his doc. then it will take a week to go away, my son had it and i called doc and made an app for later on that day. so call his doc and get him the meds this will help him in the long run its uncomfortable for them and can get worse if not treated.. if there closed call a nurse and see what they say they might send u to the hospital so u can get your lil guy back to normal.. good luck...
    Anonymous

• are you talking about colic or thrush. Thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth. I had it after I had my tonsils out at age 24. It is no fun and can be painful. I had to get medicine to clear it up because it will not usually clear good on its own. Colic is crying for 3 hours or more. The only thing you can do is just bear with it until you find something that works. That usually goes away by about 3 months. Good luck!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Thrush does not go away on it's own. He will need to be treated for it. Thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth. It shows up as white patches on the tounge and inner cheeks.

Colic is a term that literally means your baby cries a bunch for no good reason and we don't know why. All you can do is try everything you can think of. If something works, great. If not, start over. Some people have good luck with gripe water. If you get upset, put him in his crib and go down the hall - take 10 minutes to calm yourself down. Monitor your own emotions closely... moms with colicy babies are more prone to getting depression. Mark his 16-week birthday on your calendar. Colic will be mostly gone by then.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• my daughter has had thrush for about two weeks now. It went away and than came back again. But i have been giving her the medicine prescribed again and its clearing. She uses pacifiers so i think its the cause of her getting it back. You have to sterilize EVERYTHING ( if u dont already ) - Sterilize all nipples and bottles after every feeding and give your baby the meds after feedings. They usually say around 4 times a day.... If they use pacifiers than sterilize them as well... but if they take the pacifier and than it falls out of their mouth, you have to get a new one. Dont re-infect. - It hasnt phased my daughter at all that she has it.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2009