How many diapers did you go thru???? Please read on...

I am 19 weeks pregnant and I have been advised that buying packs of diapers ahead of time may help in preparation for the baby.

So a pack of diaper is like 12-15 dollars or more but if you buy the big box like at costco or sometimes they have them high up at grocery stores its only 25 dollars for 90 diapers...so it would mean saving money....

so I want to buy a box of 90 for each stage until my baby is a year and a half old...just get as many stages as I can now, before the birth, rather than later basically

so MOMMIES do you think I will actually need that many diapers for each stage(90)
?
How many packs of diapers did/do you use?

Do you think this is a good game plan???

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• yeah you'll need way more than that...lol. but like vabchmommy said, one box of each for now. but yes that is definitely a good plan. that's what I did && I also put some on my gift registry for my baby shower. I also do like you said OP, I buy the big box at Sam's Club, it's like $35 && the number of diapers you get varies depending on the size, it's way cheaper that way && trust me you will use them all.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• you will need more than 90 diapers for each stage, however i wouldn't buy too many in advance b/c certain brands may not work for your baby. and the newborn stage depending on the size of your baby at birth you may not need that many, so i would buy one box of each size that way when its time for that size you have some already. and by the time you get to bigger sizes you will know what brands work and can start buying in advance.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We use 208 diapers, Stage 3, I think once a month. We go through between 6-8 diapers a day. We've been on stage 3 for at least 3 months now -- going on 4. That's all I remember.
    Anonymous

• OMG Im totally underestimating...I was thinking I was going to have too many diapers but I guess not...LOL
    Thanks for giving a number anon :09
    and vabchmommy thanks for the details I didnt think about brands and how sometimes they dont work so well....LOL I feel like an ammature
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My son went through Stages Newborn-3 like crazy maybe two boxes of each and has been in four since he was six months. It all depends on how your baby grows. It might be a small baby or big baby. I would keep your receipts in case they have an unexpected growth spurt.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• If you buy it from Costco you can return them for different sizes. :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Don't forget some children have sensitive skin and can't use certain diapers. My ds butt bleed once from being in a diaper for only 2 hours! I put it on and he was fine, I took it off and his poor bottom was raw... I switched brands that afternoon (someone recommended pampers so I tried that) and by the next morning he was on the road to recovery. Pampers are super expensive, but I tried everything else, including off brand and dollar store brands and everything broke him out. Nothing else ever bother his skin, just diapers, and even at 3 he's potty trained but we use wipes and he can only use pampers sensitive skin or he gets a rash. It's good to plan ahead, just be aware of the skin issues babies can have.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i was also gonna mention that you are gonna need more than that!! way more!! lol, and also not to go overboard cuz what if they dont work for your lil one..if you do go crazy buying them, remember where you bought them from, keep your reciepts, that way if you have to return/exchange them, at least you will be able to do so at the same price..ya knoooow?? ohh and also, if youre going with a brand like huggies, or pampers (what i reccommend) go to their websites, and sign up for their newsletters, and they will send you tons of coupons!!!! and free samples etc..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• stock up but dont buy too much newborn sizes. i woudn't buy a box of newborn. if you go to walmart the boxes are like 18.97. sign up on different diaper wesite so that they will send you coupons as well
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• you will use more than that... lol i go thru the LARGE pack (over 200 ) once a month. about 2 or 3 months in each stage now. BUT my only advice is dont buy too many now!! save up your money until the baby is born. i STOCKED up on pampers sensative, like 5 boxes, before she was born. and wouldnt you FN know, she was allergic to them. turned her entire diaper area BRIGHT red like a sunburn. so she's in huggies. thank god walmart took back all the boxes i had bought and let me exchange for huggies!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 12:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2009