Did you use as many diapers as you thought you would?

I honestly thought I would go through a pack a week at LEAST, but I don't!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In the beginning we were using so much more than needed. Now, we're down to about 6-8 diapers a day. Far less than I ever imagined! $30 a month on diapers is a great deal.
    Anonymous

• we use 14-20 diapers day so pretty much a pack evry 2 days thats because my son had congestive heartfaulier and is on water meds and he pees through a diaper every 20 mins
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• The first anon... HA! $30 a month is REDICULOUS. I cloth diaper and after the inital upfront cost of getting a stash, I don't pay anything. You spend in 10 weeks what I spent for my daughter's entire diaper supply clear through potty training.

OP, I estimated about right. I changed her about every 40 minutes in the first few weeks and now it's down to about every 2-3 hours, plus none through the night. I think that's pretty reasonable :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• We are doing pretty well. Some days are heavier and more poo'ey or wee'ey so like 10 and others are 6-8. Happy with that and using huggies so they are wonderfully absorbent and dont irrate her little bottom.

Learn how to spell RIDICULOUS before you bash someone else's decision. We don't bash you for being up to your elbows in poo and wee. It is pretty nasty to comment on someone else decision and try to make them feel bad. Maybe we just have more money than you and other better things to do. I would rather spend more time with my DD than wash nappies out. Its not the 15th century you know.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Mummy, so you bash all cloth diapering mamas because a cloth diapering mama spelled one word wrong? Boy that's the pot calling the kettle...

For the record, Modern cloth diapers are just as easy as your disposables and my washer washes them out. It's no different than throwing in a load of clothes. It's not about just the money. It's about my child's health and also the health of the environment.

To quote you "we don't bash you for being up to your elbows in poo and wee"

"Maybe we just have more money than you and other better things to do. I would rather spend more time with my DD than wash nappies out. Its not the 15th century you know"

That sure sounds like bashing to me...

To the OP, when we used sposies we went through about one box (2 packs) a week. I used probably what I estimated as I always changed my kiddos the minute she wet or messed. I don't even remember how many diapers were in a pack though.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I wish I liked cloth diapers, but I just didn't. At ALL. Neither did my kiddo's butt.
    I had no idea what to expect with my first kiddo, in terms of number of diapers. This one, I'll probably just be mored annoyed at having to wipe someone's butt again! ;)
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 11:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Sheesh, mummy, I wasn't bashing anyone. I was saying that it's crazy to pay out the nose for garbage. And obviously you know nothing about cloth diapering, because I am most certainly not up to my elbows in poop, and I do an extra 2 loads of laundry a week. And to attack my financial situation based on a comment about wanting to save money is pretty ignorant too. Sounds like someone feels guilty about something.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009