My sister said her OB saw the sex of her baby at 8 weeks

I asked this the other day at like midnight, so I wanted a diff group of ppl to answer:

is she full of shit and trying to get attention (she was saying how she just new it was a boy from 3 days after a missed period) than 8 weeks she said she got an ultra sound and it was VERY CLEARLY a boy.
I asked my ultra sound tech (Im 33 weeks now, she is 10 weeks along now) and my U.S tech said its impossible and no doctor would give those results that early.
my question is, have anyone of you had a doctor tell u that early the sex?
Jenny, my sister, said it clearly had a penis and testicles, I just read that the testies dont decend until after week 28 and it takes 3 days to decend.
is she full of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never heard of discovering the sex before around 20 weeks.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Completely impossible. the baby is like a tube at that stage. It doesn't even look like a baby. I'll go get a pic and post it.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-8-weeks
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• she is full of shit sorry . you can do research on it . it is even unlikly to see it at 12 weeks . most can see it at 15 weeks but that is still pushing it . the most accurate time to see the sex of the baby is around 18 - 20 weeks .
    sorry but she will just look stupid when it turns out to be the oppisite of what she said .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• wow...LOL the baby shouldnt even be forming it sex really...I mean it is what it is already but that comes with more development, u know the definition between boy and girl

maybe he's a early bloomer...LOL Just ignor that lol its funny but when it comes at a girl she'll be shocked or maybe he had a lucky guess

also if she got amniosenticis sory for spelling chromosones are checked and that can be figured out way earluer than a sonomagram...so maybe she got that
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• The earliest I have ever heard of is at 15 weeks. and even so they usually say they can't be sure until 20 weeks.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Not possible.
    At all.
    Ever.
    Sorry.
    Unless she's giving birth to the second coming of Jesus, just...no.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• You can't get the amnio until 12-16 weeks anyhow I think she just wants attention.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Good one caitxrawks.
    Ya your sister is full of poop dust. But congrats on the one you have on the way.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• yep, she's full of crap. no way you can tell at 8 weeks, the baby is like a blob at that stage. not saying it's not a boy though. either she's just dying to have a boy, or her intuition could be telling her. i knew the moment i was pregnant with both my kids what they were. i wasn't technically SURE what the sex was, until the tech told me, but i knew...i hope that makes sense lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 19, 2009