My two kids fight all day!!! help

They are 5 and 3 and have one goal in life right now.....pick on each other. Any advice?

zzmom2

Asked by zzmom2 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Time outs. Talk to them and explain to each of them that they are bothers/sisters/bother and sister and they are to play nice and love eachother.
    Anonymous

• My boys are 7 and 5...same here!!! All I do is tell them time and time again to stay away from each other when one invariable seeks me out for kisses on their bumps and scrapes inflicted by the other sibling! I try to give them separate activities to do that they both enjoy, and set them up in different areas of the house, so we can all have a peaceful moment...if just for a moment. Fortunately camp starts in a couple of weeks, that will help GREATLY!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Tell them to talk it out. My boys are 4 and 3. They were fighting constantly. I was pulling my hair out! And finally i told them i wasnt going to deal with it any more. I told them they needed to use their big boy words and talk about it. It took them a while to get the hang of it, but now they know unless someone is getting physically hurt that i'm not gonna step in. And they dont argue so much any more! And it teaches them how to solve their own problems.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• When my kids would fight, I would not let them be with any other kids. Other than going to school. They were not allowed to have any playtime with other kids until they could learn how to get along within the home. I told them this is someone (bro/sis) that will be here forever, they don't go away at the end of the day, and if you can't get along with this person, how are you going to get along with others? Worked with them.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2009