what can i make her?

DD's birthday is sunday YAY!!! and im going to make her a "special" birthday dinner! I was thinking of making her scrambled eggs since that is a strict wait until 1 year food. Is that okay? She has her well baby visit wednesday but her birthday is sunday and im making her a cake too! I want it to be special for her (even though she wont remember it...but i will) if you ladies disagree with the eggs please give other suggestions on what i can make her to make it special. i would prefer something she hasnt been allowed to have yet

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 9:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With the fact that she will be having cake also i really would wait on the eggs unless she has had cake before, then go for the eggs. My DD turned one last month and she had never had cake before so i made her a special lunch and then she had her cake and of course she loved it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• so you think 1 or the other cake or eggs? shes never had either so i guess that makes sense
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• sure, go for the eggs. cake is fine too. to be honest, i had my son's b-day party 2 weeks before he turned one so he had his cake at 11 months lol. started him on milk 2 weeks before too, so he was on milk completely when he turned one.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• OOOPS HAPPY B-DAY TO YOU, HAPPY B-DAY TO YOU, HAPPY B-DAY TO HER HAPPY B-DAY TO YOU. : )
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'm making 2 cakes. One for my son just to dig his hands into and one for everyone that's coming. I still have 2 1/2 months but I'm just so excited!
    Anonymous

• Ya one or the other. Sorry i didn't make that clear. My DD has baby acid reflex so we are really careful on what we give her.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I think it would be fine to give her both. At the risk of getting bashed, my son had already had both by the time he was one. Of course, not whole servings to himself, but a bite here && there. But on his 1st birthday, he had a whole "smash cake" to himself. He played with most of it, but he ate a pretty good bit.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• im seriously so excited! her party is next sunday (28th) but her real b-day is on fathers day and i want to make it as special as possible. so im just doing cake and ice cream with us and grandparents so im going to make them cake and then let her rip on hers!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009