Do your kids go to Sunday School?

I haven't been to church since I don't know when, now that I have children I feel bad bc what am I teaching them..I would like for them to go to SS I am sure they would like it. But I really don't care to go to church not bc I don't believe in God it's just not the same any more. As long as I talk to God in my own way and time I feel like that is all that matters. He knows our hearts and our intentions.

What do you think?

What can you tell me diffeent?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't believe that you HAVE to go to church to praise your god. I think you can do it in your own way on your own time. No one ever said praising the lord had to be in a certain place at a certain time. If so there wouldnt be millions of churches. You can teach your kids from home if thats what you choose
    Anonymous

• your child would enjoy it I am sure try a Southern Baptist or a Presbyterian we go one to Sunday School and the other one to church. Pick which ones you like and make it tailor made perfect for your kids and get them in VBS if you want. They will meat the kind of people that will be good influences on them later on in life. Make sure it is a Bible preaching church.
    Anonymous

• Both my kids go 2 church on a regular basis, but I dnt. (I work wkends.) They love it but they also see that I can talk to & praise God from home.
    Anonymous

• My family and I started going to a church 1 1/2 yrs ago. It was the first time we committed to going with our kids. My son is 5 now and is in SS and in a few other activities in church and LOVES all aspects of it. I never went to church when I was little and now looking back and I know that I was missing something in my life. I know that I would have made different choices had I had Christ in my life. Now church has changed my life, not only having a personal relationship with Christ but also the bonds you make with the other members of your church. You are right, you don't have to go to church to praise the Lord but it could help you build new and stronger relationships with believers just as yourself. And the relationships your child will make with other kids that believe in God can last a lifetime.Our family has not been happier since we found our church. If you do, take time to find the church that is right for you
    NinaKyliesMom

Answer by NinaKyliesMom at 11:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Although we attend churches in various settings - mainstream Christian, homechurches, Messianic synagogues - our children don't go to SS because we don't let others instruct our children about religious things. They stay with us and what they hear from the preachers and rabbis is then discussed afterwards with us because we know what they heard since they were sitting with us. They do get to play with children after services so I'm not saying they shouldn't be around others. I'm just saying it's not always a good idea to allow others to teach your children things you should be teaching them yourself. It would be more beneficial to your family to search Scripture and learn these things together. Get a book you are comfortable with at your local Christian store, for instance, and go through it as a family. Then go to services together for the support of a body of believers, but not so they can teach your child.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:51 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Nope. And if I did send them to Sunday School then I'd be a hypocrit in my own home.

Is that what you want?
    Anonymous

• My kids do go to awana. We don't have a kids program at this time at our church. I wish we did I want them to go. I always went and LOVE going but my parents always went also. It would be soo good for your whole family to go together. If you don't go let your kids go and have some good influnces in there lives. It may save them from issues they will have to deal with later on. Make sure it is a Bible believing church.
    dimplesstamping

Answer by dimplesstamping at 12:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2009

• I go to a church that has service during sunday school so my son does that and we go to service. I am "questioning" my beliefs and did not go to church regularly as a child and feel I missed out on something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2009