what would you do if your water bill went up 4000% in 1 month time?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/99-Year-Olds-Water-Bill-Jumps-Almost-4000.html?yhp=1k

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 9:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i read that .
    it is crazy , but if that happened to me id probably cry and hide it from my husband lol , because he would flip out and call them yelling and swearing lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• i read that earlier too. i'd wait for my husband to get home and get onto him saying "see what you did taking all those long ass showers??" lol. (takes like 45 minute showers! i take 10) then i'd do what the pp said, run and hide cuz he'd call them in a heartbeat and start yelling. lmao
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• yeah! that is ridiculous!!!!!! we live in a house with 5 adults and 1 baby who take several showers a day, do laundry and run the dish washer and we dont even use that much water. that poor woman!
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 9:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'd cry, and then start showering at someone else's house... I'm poor enough
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• The water company should have realized there was something wrong way before the bill came out. We had a water leak a few years ago and the water company called me and told me something was wrong. Sure enough we had a water leak, they did not charge us the amount the bill said we owed.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• omg.... that poor woman!
    No leaks??? Someone was stealing her water!! Stranger things have happened!
    Anonymous

• I got 7 people living in my house one a teen who thinks she needs to shower every day 2-3 times a day for at least 15 min each shower. We don't even use that much water. Much less come close to that! Even when we filled the pool it only brought the bill up $80 that just isn't possible the city did something seriously wrong here.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I'd poop my pants!
    Anonymous