CAN I STILL TAKE PRENATAL VITAMINS EVEN THOUGH IM NOT PREGNANT ANYMORE?

MY DAUGHTER IS A YEAR AND A HALF OLD... AND I STILL HAVE PRENATAL VITAMINS LEFT...LOTS OF THEM...I REALLY WOULDN'T LIKE THEM TO GO TO WASTE..I'VE HAD THEM FOR A WHILE BUT I WAS JUST WONDERING IF I CAN STILL TAKE THEM..CAN THAT HELP ME IN ANYWAY FOR WHAT EVER REASON? JUST CURIOUS...I DONT BREASTFEED...DO ANY OF YOU STILL TAKE THEM? CAN IT HARM ME?

ABBY90

Asked by ABBY90 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i don't see why not. i think it helps the skin...not sure though
    Anonymous

• I dont' think it will cause any harm. Prenatal vitamins just have a little more iron and calcium than normal vitamins do.
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 9:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• It won't harm you. Doctors actually encourage taking them when TTC as well as during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It will make your nails nice and strong.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• yes you can it is actually suggested to even take them for a year before tring to get pregnant so they would be fine even now for you . i still take mine . lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Of course you can personally I think all women of child bearing age should take them

heres an important thing to know though KEEP THEM FAR OUT OF REACH OF YOUR CHILD just 2 PNV can kill a 18 month old from iron toxicity... and the cure for it is not very effective
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• my doctor actually just refilled my script for them and i don't breastfeed, not TTC and have a 4 wk old. so they aren't harmful you'll be fine if you take them.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• My youngest is 11 and I take them. They are great for hair and nail growth!
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Its a vitamin if it were going to harm you why would you take it while pregnant? lol I take mine still. I started taking the with my first pregnancy, kept taking them for a year because he breastfeeds and am still taking them because I'm pregnant. Yes they are still good for you and if there are any extra vitamins in the vitamin you will just pee it out.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I have friends who have never had kids and don't plan on it any time soon, who take them for their hair and nails.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I still take them they give me the iorn my body needs and Im borderline anemic so it helps doesnt make my nails grow though

raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2009