How do i get my 7 month old daughter to sleep on her own?

I know my daughter is teething right now. But how do i get her to sleep on her own rather than on me or in the same bed as me? I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I have tried some of the suggestions such as blowing on her face lightly and all that does is makes her happy and quiet rather than screaming. Please any suggestions I would really enjoy. Thank u for all the help and suggestions.

mommy11-13-2008

Asked by mommy11-13-2008 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put her in the crib when she's really sleepy. do a routine with her, like, bath, lotion her up, read her a book, give her a kiss goodnight and lay her down. make sure she's really tired though, or it won't work. let her cry. she needs to learn how to sooth herself to sleep. after about 15-20 minutes, if she's still crying, go in there, lay her down, tell her it's bedtime, give her a kiss and leave the room. after another 15-20 minutes, go in there, give her a kiss, lay her down, DON'T say anything. keep repeating until she's asleep. if you hear her silently whining and not crying, don't go in there, it could be mean she's going to sleep. only go in there if she's full out crying. GL
    Anonymous

• if your baby falls asleep on you try this just before she falls asleep GENTLY place her in her crib.. put the crib next to your bed for now....if she stirs ..... rub her sing quietly to her pat her bottom whatever until she drifts off to sleep... if she wakes up during the transition start over this may take a few nights to get it right but try it make the move when she's ALMOST asleep but not quite out... conider for the next few weeks that 3 hours in her crib next to your bed is success and advance from there..
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:03 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Babies are biologically designed to want to be in very close proximity to their mothers. Teething is probably just about the worst time to decide to try to get her to sleep by herself. Wait until her teeth break through and THEN try.

Also, get the No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley. She has a ton of really great suggestions.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 19, 2009

• Try establishing a good routine - bath, feed, story and rock a bye time. We use the same bear every night. On restless nights we use the lavender bath wash and lotion. On nights when my daughter is teething or really cranky, I sit on the floor by her crib and we sing and say our goodnights - goodnight daddy, goodnight doggie, goodnight grandma and grandpa in Ohio. That usually calms her down.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• This is not the time to try. She's too young and she's teething. Think about it. She really isn't gonna benefit from sleeping alone. No need for unnecessary stress on her.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:21 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• Well my my daughter is 5months and teething also and doesnt fell to sleep either on her own i have to do the same thing. But, i dont know if u breastfeed her but that makes them like that too as i have been told. As the other mothers said try a routine with her i at least try to stay firm on all her naps and she will get custom.
    M3Lmom09

Answer by M3Lmom09 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 20, 2009

• my daughter just turned 8 months. She's been falling asleep on her own for about two months now... i used to take her on a walk and she would fall asleep immediately. Now I lay her in her crib. Sometimes she falls asleep without even crying. Other times, like tonight, it took her about 10 minutes to fall asleep (she cried off and on). I lay her down when she is sleepy for her naps. Night time, I have a routine, dinner, bath, book, (playtime to tucker her out) and then bed time. I breastfeed and co-sleep too. She sleeps in her crib to begin with, then when she wakes up at about 1 to eat, i feed her in my bed (which is right next to hers) and then we sleep together till about 7 AM
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 1:41 AM on Jun. 20, 2009